Our Industry Outlook Series offers a "behind the scenes" look at specific industries that are impactful to our state's GDP and success. Each session will provide attendees with a guided SWOT analysis conversation among those working day-in and out in the specific arena.
The event will utilize a zoom platform. To receive call-in information, attendees will need to register in advance. Recordings will be made available to members following the event.
- Kent Kolstad, President, Livewire
- John Bollinger, Owner/CEO, Bismarck Larks
is President at Livewire, a full-service live event production company based in Fargo, ND, serving clients nationwide. Since 1999, Livewire and its team of 35 have produced events of all shapes and sizes, ranging from corporate events and meetings to community celebrations, nonprofit galas, concerts, and virtual/hybrid events for major firms such as Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and others. Kolstad, a 2010 graduate of Concordia College in Moorhead. Livewire is a regional and national leader in creating efficient, impactful event experiences for audiences of all sizes.
is the Founder, Majority Owner, and CEO of the Bismarck Larks, Funatix Events, and the Northwoods League’s newest expansion franchise the Minot Hot Tots. John’s passion is using FUN to make a difference in the lives of the fans, businesses, players, employees, and communities he serves. Bollinger was named the 2017 Northwoods League Executive of the Year and in 2020 was named the Bismarck-Mandan Chamber EDC 2020 Entrepreneur of the Year for his and his team’s safe and innovative approach to playing baseball during the pandemic. The Bismarck Larks celebrated the completion of their 6th season in 2022 selling out 98% of all tickets available and have sold out the vast majority of their games since the team’s inception in 2017.
Topics covered by presenters
- Strengths within the retail sector
- Weaknesses that are occurring within the markets
- Opportunities within the industry
- Threats that are limiting growth or obstacles to overcome for better positioning
Who should attend
- Those looking to learn more about what is going on within the specific industry
- Representatives whose organizational success relies on the select industry through partnerships or collaboration
- Individuals within the industry to gain perspective from others that are working within
- Policymakers who are looking to gain more insight into a specific industry
This is part of our Industry Outlook Series. View our events to register for future offerings in this series. Members can request past recordings.
August 9, 2022: UAS
October 11, 2022: Technology
Dec 12, 2022: Retail
April 11: Construction
June 13: Healthcare
August 8: Education
October 12: Air Service